The safety and well-being of our customers and staff is of the utmost importance too us:
While the situation surrounding COVID-19 keeps evolving, we are closely monitoring the government and official public health organisation announcements for guidance.
Our employees are regularly updated on the current requirements and are following strict health and safety measures to ensure that the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of our daily tasks.
We have distributed antibacterial hand gel and soap to every employee (both office based and field engineers). In addition, all field engineers have been issued with gloves, masks and shoe covers (if required).
Our engineers are required to undertake a visual risk assessment before entering each property and go through a hygiene procedure which involves cleaning their hands and wearing gloves. They will also take a '2-step back approach' once your doorbell has been rung or they have knocked on the door.
Prior to the engineer arriving, they will call ahead, the customer is required to confirm with them that the situation of their, or anyone in the household’s health hasn’t changed from when the call was originally booked.
Our engineers have been asked to follow the guidelines below whilst undertaking any service call:
- Confirm with customers that they or anyone in the household have not started experiencing any symptoms since booking the call.
- Ask the customer if they have been advised to self-isolate.
- Engineers will not enter the premises of any customer who reports symptoms or is in self-isolation or if the engineer feels it is unsafe to do so.
- Engineers are expected to be able to clean their hands before and after every repair.
- Engineers have been advised to keep contact with the customer to a minimum and ask customers to occupy an alternative room whilst working in their premises (if possible).
- Engineers have been advised to not accept any hot or cold drinks from customers.
- If the customer answers ‘yes’ to questions 1 & 2 then they will not enter the premises. The engineer will instead contact our office and the call will be rebooked for a future date, at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Customers with symptoms or in self-isolation will be asked to call back after 14 days once they are clear of any symptoms or have been tested to confirm no presence of the virus.
- Please can we ask that customers make sure any doors are open for the engineers and that there is a clear path to the appliance so that the engineers touch as little as possible in your home.
- Please can we also ask the customer to ensure that the work area in and around the appliance is clear before the engineer attends, and that the appliance is not in use.
- You will not have to sign the engineer’s mobile device on the completion of a normal job, instead you may be asked if the engineer can sign on your behalf.